- It’s free.
- The student can’t lose this notebook and it can’t be eaten by the dog--it’s always there in the “cloud” on Google Drive.
- You can templatize a notebook format for use with all of your students.
- There are many creative ways to use Google docs. Here’s a resource page for educators: http://www.google.com/educators/p_docs.html
- If you don’t have a Google account, sign up here: www.google.com.
4. Share the document with your student: the blue Share button at the top right of the page allows you to enter a student or student’s parent email address to share the document. Only you and those with whom you share the document will see it.
- Drag over a section of text and right-click or select Insert>Comment from the menu. This will create a comment attached to the text in the document--a specific assignment for example. The student can add to the comment daily with successive “Reply” entries.
Have some cool things you’ve done with Google Drive? Please share and add your comments below!